Accounting, Fashion, English, Computer Science, Engineering, Nursing, Pharmacy, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences
Australia is the world’s smallest continent and sixth largest country in the world. It is situated in the Southern Hemisphere between the Indian Ocean and the South Pacific Ocean, and often referred to as ‘The Island Continent’ or ‘The Land Down Under’.
The country is made up of six States – New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria and Western Australia. Australia’s capital is Canberra, and the largest city is Sydney.
The Australian continent consists of snowfields to the South East, desert in the centre and vast plains and rainforests to the North. The Eastern coast is made up of a number of beaches, tropical reefs, attractive landscapes, an ancient history and a relaxed lifestyle. The highly industrialized cities of Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra with a profoundly urbanized population are also situated on the East coast. The Western coast is known for its Agricultural production – open grazing, irrigated pastures, horticultures, orchards and vineyards.
Australia being a successfully developed country owes its prosperity to its highly multicultural society with ethnic communities from over 100 countries. Australia is a multicultural society but English is the universal spoken language.
Why Study in Australia?
Australia is an attractive destination for overseas students because of its varied climatic conditions, diverse cultures, friendly and welcoming people and safe environment. Australia’s Higher Education has grown progressively over the last decade and is growing more and more as the days go by. High percentages of students from the Gulf now seek education in Australia-mainly in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth. An Australian qualification will develop you personally and professionally. It is your passport to a well-paid career and a secure future.
Summer: December to February (ranges around 84 degrees F or 29 degrees C)
Winter: June to August (ranges around 56 degrees F or 13 degrees C)
Waterproof Clothes and an umbrella for rainy days
- Thick and warm jackets and clothing for winter
- Light cottons and Linens in summer
- National Costume is recommended for festivities
Shopping & Dining
- Shops are open every day of the week – 9:00 A.M to 5:30 P.M, Monday to Friday and 9:00 A.M to 5:00 P.M on Saturdays
- Bigger cities like Adelaide, Brisbane, Darwin, Hobart and Melbourne have late night shopping until 9:00 P.M on Fridays, and cities like Canberra, Perth and Sydney have the same facility offered on Thursdays
- Halal food stores are available
- Restaurants have flexible timings and are usually open late
- An array of cuisine is offered
- Aboriginal cuisine consist of exclusive food like eel, emu, kangaroo, snake, turtle, witchetty grubs (ghost moth larvae) and wombat
- A must try is Vegemite, a dark brown salty yeast extract, which is used as a spread on toast for breakfast
Travel & Transportation
- Buses, rail, watercraft and metro are the easiest travel methods in the city
- Affordable rail and bus transportation between the different states
- Student fares are available
- Taxis are expensive
- Fire department 122
- Police department 133
- Ambulance 144
- First-aid doctor 141