Study In Cyprus
Accounting, Fashion, English, Computer Science, Engineering, Nursing, Pharmacy, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences
The Republic of Cyprus occupies the southern part of the island of Cyprus in the eastern Mediterranean. The island (and capital city Nicosia) is divided with Turkey to the north. Known for beaches, it also has a rugged interior with wine regions. Coastal Paphos is famed for its archaeological sites relating to the cult of Aphrodite, including ruins of palaces, tombs and mosaic-tiled villas.
Why Study in Cyprus?
It is an increasingly popular destination for international study and there are certainly many reasons for choosing the Cyprus as a study destination:
Cyprus has one of the warmest climates and warmest winters in the Mediterranean part of the European Union. The average annual temperature on the coast is around 24 °C (75 °F) during the day and 14 °C (57 °F) at night.
Waterproof Clothes and an umbrella for rainy days
- Jeans and t-shirts are popular – with the majority of people seen wearing dark blue or black denim.
- In general there is no strict code for bars and restaurants, and smart-casual wear will usually be fine.
- The churches are spectacular and often have concerts open to the public but do bear in mind that you need to wear modest attire.
Shopping & Dining
Generally, shops will open between 07:00 – 21:00 on Monday – Saturday, but this can vary an hour or two either way, depending on the type of shop and the area it is located in. On Sunday, opening times are later, typically around 11:00, and closing times vary from 14:00 – 22:00, again depending on the type of outlet and its area.
Breakfast is usually served between 07:00 and 10:00, lunch is served in restaurants between 12:00 and 15:00, and dinner is served from 19:00 till late in the evening.
Travel & Transportation
- Buses, rail, watercraft and metro are the easiest travel methods in the city
- Affordable rail and bus transportation between the different states
- Ambulance/Police/Fire: 199/112
- :Hospital Information: 1400